Friday, July 4, 2008

Awesome Game Development Program by EA games

I was searching around on Google for information on game development programs, and I found "The sims carnival game maker" developed by EA games. It looked cool, and seemed to have a pretty simple user interface, one that a complete beginner to expert would be able to find their way around in. I decided to downloaded it, and give it a quick spin. It only took about half an hour before I had a functioning game menu (which by the way is usually the hardest thing to make in a game) that would allow me to start a new game (which was the beginning of a simple space invaders clone), and also find information about the game. This program is very much like game maker because of it building block scripting system, but I actually prefer it to game maker because the scripting commands and options aren't as hidden as they are in game maker. Plus its completely free. I think i might actually attempt to create a full game using this program. stay tuned for updates.

Heres the link:http://www.simscarnival.com/portal/home

No comments: